Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Wednesday Evening Light Quiz on Thora's Personal Hygeine

Today I went visiting teaching with my two girls and James, the almost four month old I babysit around two days a week. While talking with my teachee and holding James, he proceeded to pee out the side of his diaper, and all over my leg.

Here's a quiz for you. Did I,

A. Immediately cut the appointment short, go home and change?

B. Finish out the appointment after borrowing emergency towels to sop up the mess on my capris, and then proceed home for a change?

C. Stay for another half-hour, and then continue on with the original plans of going to the library for my weekly visit, since I have books due and I need to read something new, and also, who really cares, it could be water, I don't smell, and hey, by now it's almost dry anyway, and for that matter, am still wearing the same capris as I type?

9 comments:

  1. I'll go for "C." Yes, that is my final answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also vote "C" because Jami did and b/c she's smart and b/c it's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also going with "C." It had a lot of extra detail that the first two answers didn't. Also, since you've got two of your own, I'm guessing this isn't the first time your capris have been peed on. Cute story.

    BTW, I've moved the Sanderson up to the top of my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Sounds like you must be the mother of more than one child. Rolling with things (and not being afraid of a little bodily fluid) is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! :) You're good. I'd have finished the visit, but I don't know whether I'd have been able to continue on to the library.

    (I'm assuming the other guesses are correct and the answer is C.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also pick C. Because when Oliver was little(er) I used to wear the same clothes as many days as I could until they got barfed on. (Which generally meant I changed my clothes AT LEAST 4 times a day. But occasionally he'd only barf on my shirt, and so I'd wear the pants again and again, and try to avoid getting barf on them for another day. Or two. Or five.) Because the laundry got to be so overwhelming. But after a while I realized that no matter what, everything smelled like barf, including the inside of my nostrils, so I started only changing if it was wet all the way through to my undergarments. Because that was uncomfortable. And many people may not know this, but dried barf itches. So I'm sure I've gone through an entire day including errands, with puke on my clothes (which I, by that point didn't smell any more, but everyone in a 3 mile radius probably did.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA! C. Definitely C. I so relate...Paul mentioned recently that he's only starting to realize how "disgusting" I am. I guess my tolerance for filth has inceased since having two kids. :) Thanks for making me feel a little better about myself! I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely C. And thank goodness I'm not alone in this. Why change if the next thing you put on is just going to get dirty too? Ahh, the joys of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete