Saturday, November 22, 2008

On My Own, Pretending He's Beside Me

Carrie came over tonight and we watched the miniseries of Wives and Daughters, and it was SO good. Look, I'm even driven to using all capitals. And I wonder, how could Elizabeth Gaskell have been overlooked for so long, in favor of the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen?

Also, I let my girls stay up way past their bedtime, and it's almost three am and I'm still up. I'm mainly avoiding my empty bed. Although Elisheva is in it, and knowing her she's probably laid out sideways, so really I won't be alone at all. Avram is always the one who tells me that it's time to get off the computer (because I've been on it for forever, and nothing more is going to happen just because I keep staring at it.) And then he turns out all the lights after I get in bed, and then once he's comfortably in bed, he'll respond in the affirmative when I ask him if he's locked the doors and turned down the heat.

I think I've forgotten how to survive on my own.

I just wanted you all to know that I'm holding up well in Avram's absence, and being sociable and stuff. And eating lots of cake and dove Chocolate. They're very comforting too.

3 comments:

  1. I was singing this song last night as I was returning from the temple, though for different reasons: I have a presentation about using popular music in Undergraduate Theory the week after Thanksgiving, and I was seeing how many songs I remembered from the musicals I went to as a small child.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you loved Gaskill's W&D may I recommend her North & South for romance or Cranford for a fantastic combination of comedy and sadness.

    Good old Gaskill

    Laura Essendine
    Author – The Accidental Guru
    The Books Limited Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going to rent this mini series. but after your last post i must tell you that i did watch north and south just becuase you mentioned it ( well and that it was on my online viewing for free account with netflix) i have found like you that i can pause a movie, or watch the first installment. but if its a book i cant stop and the rest of my life is in shambles and a mess till i finish the book.

    also cory tells me to go to bed too... i stay up to late. i dont ever get tired. my brain doesnt shut off at night! its bad.. really... but hey look at all these fun posts of yours i can over comment on to pass the time. if you are awake you should call me and we can talk nonsence.

    ReplyDelete