Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sorry, My Husband was on the phone for 200 minutes with his family, and so if you don't want to read this, you can skip to the pictures down below.

Okay, I'm doing this tag, as I've been tagged three times.

8 TV shows I love to watch. Well, I'm not really a TV person. I prefer to waste all my time blogging instead. And I don't even watch anything on the Internet. Heck, Avram has to twist my arm to get me to watch any movies, even. Maybe I'll do my top 8 movies of all time that I like.:
1. While You Were Sleeping
2. A&E's Pride and Prejudice
3. The Princess Bride
4. Disney's Robin Hood
5. Beauty and the Beast
6. The Scarlet Pimpernel
7. Love's Labour's Lost with Kenneth Branaugh (if you skip the stupid dance scene).
8. That's all I can dig up. Too bad this isn't about my eight favorite books, or my eight favorite blogs, or something.

8 Favorite Restaurants. Yeah, so most of them are in Provo, but apparently I either don't go out to eat or haven't loved it as much since I moved from there:
1. Burger Supreme
2. Two Jack's
3. Bombay House
4. Lon's Cookin' Shack
5. Olive Garden (I love places that include a salad and breadsticks in your order. I love lots of food.)
6. The Brick Oven
7. Culver's
8. Umm, I can't think of anything. I guess I'm lame when it comes to eating out.


8 Things that happened yesterday:
1. We did our laundry at a laundry mat (yeah I know that getting a W&D is like a pipe dream. It's because they applied most of Avram's fellowship to his tuition next term, which would be great, but he doesn't actually PAY any tuition, so now he's trying to work it out with the burser's office, and in the meantime I've decided to stop even hoping for a W&D. Lydia was even playing with her doll this morning by taking her to the laundromat.)
2. Went Grocery Shopping at Aldi and Meijer's
3. Slid on the ice while driving and couldn't brake (I did manage to stop before running into a car). Then it took us 20 minutes to drive what normally takes five because it was snowing and the roads were frozen and we were right by a fire station, and I kid you not, every few minutes another fire engine would drive by, and everyone on the road would stop and it was very scary.
4. knit on Elisheva's stocking; I'm over halfway done.
5. Read 11 verses in Hebrew with Avram. It was the first night we did it, because Avram wants me to remember how to read Hebrew. We're going to do it several times a week during his Christmas break.
6. Taught Avram two letters of the Arabic alphabet, with their sounds and how to write them. I'm working on teaching Avram the basics of Arabic, so that he'll be able to take an Arabic Fosha class someday. I love how the last two things make me sound all intellectual. Really Avram and I had just re-dedicated ourselves to doing more independent studying.
7. Had a large discussion with Avram about how we're going to handle him being home all the time. IE when he's home I think, "Great! Now that Avram's home he can do the dishes and the laundry and the housekeeping with me, and then we can get all of these extra stuff on my to-do list done, and it'll be great. Plus someone can watch the kids for me sometimes while I knit or sleep in." Avram thinks, "Great! I have some time off from school to stretch out for just a few minutes. I'm going to spend some time relaxing and reading role-playing books, and then I'll eventually get around to doing some studying up in the desk in my room." [Avram say I'm making him sound so lazy. He wants you to know that he's a lot more industrious than I'm making him sound, and he's no more lazy than anyone else. He just doesn't like to have to do both my job and his job.] So, we made a deal. For 2-4 hours every day Avram will do studying. Then, the rest of the time I'll be the home manager, and can help him manage his time, ie, he will be co-homemaker with me. I will try and not pester him all the time to do everything, but recognize it's his vacation and let him vacate a little. In return from now on when I read books I have to only read one hour at a time before stopping and doing something else, and then I can go back and read for another hour.
I may or may not have a hard time putting a book down, and this may or may not have been related to the fact that after I got Mistborn 2 at the library on Thursday I came home and read the entire book that afternoon/evening and drove Avram crazy. I think he got the better end of the deal.
8. Talked to Avram at night until he fell asleep in the middle of my monologue, and then ten minutes (literally) after I stopped talking as I was turning over to sleep I nudged him, and he jerked awake and said that he was still listening to me, and that he hadn't fallen asleep. In his defense, he really didn't know that he'd fallen asleep. At least he didn't talk about splashing paint on the walls this time.

8 Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Lydia being potty trained.
2. Visiting Utah next Summer.
3. Christmas.
4. Dare I say it? Getting a Washer and Dryer.
5. Our Christmas party we're having this Thursday.
6. Sleeping through the night someday. Not even waking up once. Sleeping like a log. Sigh.
7. Going to Tennessee for Christmas (where Avram's grandparents live, and his parents and sister are meeting us there.)
8. Eternal Salvation. (Okay, so I couldn't think of anything else short term that I'm looking forward to. I guess I'm pretty happy with what's going on in my life right now).

8 Things on my wish list:
1. Wish that Avram got an amazing grant/fellowship to live in either Jerusalem or Cairo with his family all expenses paid for a year.
2. Wish that if that happened, all my Hebrew/Arabic would come back to me in an instant.
3. Wish that Lydia was potty trained, and that I had a Washer and Dryer (can I double up my wishes and things I'm looking forward to?).
4. Wish that our air conditioner/swamp cooler thingy in our living room didn't leak cold air in right by my feet while I'm writing blog posts at the desk above it.
5. Wish that BYU wrote Avram and said that they're bringing back a third Hebrew chair with his name on it, for him only, etc, etc.
6. Wish that I had a wheat grinder. And soft white wheat. And hard white wheat.
7. Wish I was taller. Wish I was a baller. Wish I had a girl, and if I did I would call her.
8. Wish for peace in Israel and the Middle East. I really do. I was a Near Eastern Studies Major in College, and the situation over there makes me want to cry. It has made me cry. Not to mention made lots of other people die.

8 People I'm Tagging:
Umm, I usually don't tag individual people, because then I just know I'll miss the people who secretly want to do it, and pick all the people who hate tags and hate me. So this is your chance, you can officially say you've been tagged if you've read this.

Also this has nothing to do with this tag, but this morning as we drove to Church in the frozen snow, we noticed underneath the snow on our hood, as it was all blowing off on the freeway, there was a frozen narcissus bulb stuck to our hood. As in the narcissus bulbs that I just planted outside our door. I think the squirrels are trying to tell me something. The bulb is still there, too.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that the little rodents don't appreciate your gardening. I will do this on my blog too sometime. Not toningt as I have to wake up at like 4 in the morning! but that is another story for another day...
    I love you
    Mary

    ReplyDelete