Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pictures of My Girls Make Everything Better



I don't really have much to say. Today has been an odd day - our only plans, a ward celebration of Pioneer Day, was cancelled because of rain. So we've had nowhere to be, and no promises to keep. Because our life has felt on edge waiting to find out if we can get a loan or not (very slow progress has been made - because of us, and we should know sometime next week, when we'll hopefully have a meeting), Avram and I have watched a movie or TV show of Star Trek every day this week, so I'm all TVed out. Yes, we have watched the Start Trek movies up through Generations (skipping the first and fifth, which are, according to Avram, the terrible ones), and have started in on the first season, first shows. I'm a rather obsessive person. When I first started reading Terry Pratchett, I picked up a book here and there. And then, on my second time reading Wyrd Sisters, something clicked, and I fell in love. Being myself, I went and found the first Discworld book Pratchett wrote, and then read my way from number one to number somewhere in the thirties or forties, in order. It took me the bulk of one summer. And then I finished up by reading everything else he ever wrote as well. I'm not an obsessive compulsive person - but I am oddly thorough and exact sometimes. So now we are moving through Star Trek - the original series, in order. Soon I too will know way too much about the Vulcan Death Grip (which doesn't really exist). Then I'll probably have to go back and watch all of the movies again - just because I'm me.

Anywho, what I'm trying to say here, is that I've about reached my limits for constructive, or unconstructive, activities. So here are some pictures of my girls, because at least my Mother will benefit from them, if no one else.






4 comments:

  1. I approve of Elisheva's reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures. I'm restless now too. I wish your kids were here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone sent me a copy of Pratchett's Reaper Man in 1997 and I've been an ardent fan ever since. I've never found an author I enjoy quite the same way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avram is a Trekkie? His approval rating just went up 15 points!

    ReplyDelete