Friday, March 4, 2011

Miss Delacourt Has her Day, and I Want Mine Too

The cover to Heidi Ashworth's newest book. Romantic, no?
The Sequel to Miss Delacourt Speaks her Mind, by Heidi Ashworth, is coming out. You need to know a few important things about these books - one, they're Regency Romances, two, they're light hearted and funny, and three, they're clean. Not technically important, but four, Heidi Ashworth reads this blog, and she's a published author - which means that I am basically famous, plus obviously someone who can actually write and put coherent sentences together has read about my life, and once I remember she actually commented (on another blog? The details are so hazy now) about me being educated, or learned. Or a reader. Or something that made me feel special. And fifth, go and read this post, and then skip to the bottom, to the links.

What, you don't follow links? Fine, I'll just tell you here. Heidi Ashworth put a virtual acknowledgments page on her blog, and I was on it. Yes, folks, see, I was not making up the fact she knows my name. Ahem, not that that is important to this post.

What is important to this post, is that if you want to know more about Ginny and romance and England in the regency period (think Jane Austen), then you should check out the book reviews to Miss Delacourt Has her Day going on in March, that Dunhaven Place is linking to. Also, you can sign up for a giveaway to win an original painting based on the cover of the first book, Miss Delacourt Speaks her Mind. It's a beautiful (I was going to say the type of rose it was, but I forgot. Mea culpa) rose.

And finally, if you like roses, or beautiful things, you should check out Heidi's blog, period. This is an image from Heidi's blog, of some of her home decor and roses. Are those roses not breathtaking?
She grows amazing roses, and has beautiful (yes, my stash of good adjectives has deserted me) home decor as well - think Victorian, and feminine.

Note - both images are used from Heidi Ashworth's blog. If they have any ownership and beauty, it all goes to her. I'm just trying to beautify my blog post, and I have neither pretty pictures of roses nor of Miss Delacourt.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Thora, you are so stinkin' sweet! (If someone can be stinking and sweet at the same time.) And, sadly, you were on the list of people who were supposed to be on the acknowledgements page but was dropped by the editor. So sad about that. So, when you get the book, I hope you don't feel bad that it isn't there (it was supposed to be). Also, my next book is going to be Victorian and the name Thora is so right for that. You will deff be in the next one. Also, it's hard to know exactly what the painting is of . . .I am assuming the same as you but we don't know yet . . I hope I get to see it soon! No matter what it is of, I am sure it's gorgeous. I am putting you down for one entry but if you go back to Tuesdays post and make sure you mention that you blogged about this then I can put you down for two entries. Have a lovely day, you learned gal, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wait, you did! And you get three entries. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it was a virtual acknowledgment - but it was still exciting to have it there. Ooh, victorian. My middle name is Florence - that's very victorian too. I think I came from the wrong century, sometimes, based on how much I love previous ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the only other person on the planet to whom I can peacefully allow the rosy painting to go. (Anyone else and I may have to challenge them to a duel.)

    BTW, I actually was just coming over to check on you and say hi since I've been such a bad blogger lately and haven't been visiting any of my friends. I didn't even realize you were infatuated with Miss D too. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi's roses ARE breathtaking!

    And I can't wait to get my copy of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thora you were always cool and learned and smart in my book :) Which reminds me i still think you should write a book! About our crazy families and all the stories that are almost too good to be actually true! I mean come on who else lived in the canyon, rosepark, a boarding school, BYU, and england!? See your life is fascinating! and i cant spell fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, for some reason I don't have your email address and we aren't fb friends (I thot we were!) but I wanted to tell you that I already have you down for three entries for the painting. One for your comment, one for blogging about it and i' m thinking the third one was because you mentioned ordering it at the library. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá...
    Visite:
    http://www.dafimastersex.blogspot.com/

    Um ótimo conteúdo!
    Poemas, contos, fotos, matérias e muito mais, vale a pena!

    Abraços...

    ReplyDelete