Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So cute it's worth it.

Look, her first (on film) smile that's remotely in focus!

My baby - already six weeks old. I can't handle her cuteness - her soft baby knees and jowly cheeks. I can't believe that she actually came from inside of me. If I didn't so vividly remember my three natural labors myself, I think I could totally buy the stork brings babies story. Because they just grow so quickly - in Guinevere's case, very quickly indeed. She's already about 11 1/2 lbs and 23 inches long. My sister-in-law Aleatha made the sleep sacque that Guinevere is wearing. It's repurposed from a shirt, and it's cute, and she's going to sell them on Etsy soon. Guinevere got to be her model for sizing.
Sometimes, really cute pictures of my girls helps me forget that they are a lot of work, too. Like our sink that has been blocked for weeks, and four bottles worth of draino has gone down, and finally, today they came and fixed it, and the blockage was a princess spoon.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh a princess spoon. I wonder how it got there? ;)
    I think the sleep sack thing is really cute. I like that she reused a old shirt.
    Wish that I could see your girls up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to see Guinevere smile. I'm glad you are posting pictures often enough that we can see her growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the free advertising! :D i love the pic of your three girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can see why the drano didn't fix your sink dilemma. I've had similar discoveries. Joseph and I joke that children have to be cute because it is probably one of the few things that keep them alive until they are helpful and can defend themselves. Cute Pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I actually had a really cool friend do home birth - sounds so intense! You girls are super heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sweet, sweet! I love the sleep sacque!

    Princess spoons. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the second to last picture, lydia has such a cute little smile and you can tell she loves her new sister. My kids drives me nuts some days too... mainly our Arthur who is the king of destruction. He really wears on you.. and then he wakes up at 4 am to scream at the top of his lungs. if he wasnt so cute we would have given him away by now :) we lovingly call him our birth control though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You named your baby Guinevere? I love it! What a lovely little set of daughters you have. What lucky girls to have you for a mom.

    Seems like Draino should have at least made a dent in the princess spoon. Those princesses are tougher than they look.

    ReplyDelete